What we do
Peter Cox Associates is a leading consultancy for multilayer extrusion structures and polymer related properties. We provide the following services:
- Advice on structures required for multilayer products.
- Extrusion -Mono and Multilayer pipe (especially multilayer structures as used in cold/hot water applications) and tube.
- The design of extrusion dieheads to produce multilayer products for extrusion and blow moulding applications including recycling applications.
- In house teaching on single screw extrusion and product lines.
- Technical consultancy on extrusion and polymer issues.
- Rheology and melt properties of polymers.
- Training for extrusion technology applications.
- Training for the properties of multilayer and laminated structures and how to manufacture them including extrusion by sheet, cast and blown film or tube and blow moulding and laminating.
- Expert witness reports on polymer products and production means.
Personal Profile – Dr Peter Cox
Dr Peter Cox has over 40 years’ experience in academic and industrial polymer processing, R&D and industrial applications. He worked with Prof Roger Fenner at Imperial College on the modelling of screw extrusion and is the author of 16 papers in materials engineering. He worked for 9 years at the Metal Box Wantage R&D site and was involved with the innovative OPP process as well as service work on multilayer blow moulded bottles at Metal Box factories in Europe. He also was involved in European recycling projects in the 1980’s. He has industrial experience in the fields of large bore rubber hoses, mono and multilayer blow moulded packaging products and mono and multilayer tube production. He is the UK expert on materials selection and die design for multilayer tube production and has a die design to produce multilayer tube/pipe extrusions.
He has provided in-house training courses on extrusion and has also given training courses at Smithers Rapra on the properties and means of production of multilayer polymer structures.
He has acted as an expert witness for numerous plastic applications and has given evidence at the Patent Court in London.