What we do
We provide services to plastic processors and users of plastic items in the downstream sectors.
- Market intelligence, identification of business opportunities
- New product and application development
- Factory and laboratory design
- Plant performance optimisation
- Deployment of Industry 4.0 & IIoT technologies
- Extrusion and converting equipment selection
- Equipment upgrading and retrofitting
- Formulation of plastic recipes
- Extrusion process improvement and troubleshooting
- Plastic product quality and performance improvement
- Strategic advice on sustainability, environmental policy, and recycling
- Strong focus on films and packaging applications
Strategic Business Opportunities Analyst
Plastics Processing, Converting and Applications Specialist
Recycling and Sustainability Expert
Dr. Nicolas Kokel attended University of Lille in France and achieved a Doctorate in Organic and Macromolecular Chemistry, specializing in catalytic asymmetric organic reactions.
An accomplished chemist, a materials, technologies and energy professional, and a seasoned expert in polymers and plastics, Nicolas brings more than three decades of global experience of business development, having worked with chemicals majors (BASF, Basell, Lyondellbasell, Saudi Aramco, Tasnee).
Realist, with good common sense and a scientific mindset, Nicolas is a problem solver and solution provider, strong in product innovation and application development. He has invented multiple chemical and polymer products and developed many plastic film formulations in several application segments. Notably, he is the inventor of Lyondellbasell’s portfolio or stretch hood film formulations.
Nicolas’ expertise reaches beyond plastics conversion and utilization, in both upstream and downstream, with a unique combination of deep expertise in petrochemicals and polymerisation technologies, and broad knowledge of many industrial segments material needs.